A Patient’s Rights
As a patient being treated in our office, you have a right to:
- Respectful care given by competent personnel.
- Consideration of your privacy concerning your own medical care.
- The name of all physicians and/or staff directly assisting in your care.
- Have medical records pertaining to your medical care treated as confidential (except as required by law or third party contractual agreement).
- Know what rules and regulations in our practice apply to your conduct as a patient.
- Expect emergency procedures to be implemented without delay; if there is a need to transfer you to another facility the responsible person and the facility will be notified of your condition prior to your arrival.
- Good quality care and high professional standards that are continually maintained and reviewed.
- Full information in layman’s terms concerning diagnosis, treatment, prognosis, and possible complications.
- Give an informed consent to the physician prior to the start of the procedure.
- Be advised of participation in a medical care research program or donor program. (You will be asked to give your informed consent prior to participation in such a program and you may refuse to continue in a program that you have previously given informed consent to participate in.)
- Refuse drugs or procedures and have a physician explain the medical consequences of your refusal.
- Medical and nursing services without discrimination based upon age, race, color, religion, national origin, handicap, disability or source of payment.
- Have access to an interpreter whenever possible.
- Access to all information contained in your medical record unless access is specifically restricted by your attending physician for medical reasons or is prohibited by law.
- Expect good management techniques to be implemented that consider effective use of your time and to avoid unnecessary discomfort.
- Examine and receive a detailed evaluation of your bill.
- Be informed at your request of your provider’s credentials.
We recognize that you have a choice for healthcare services and we are grateful that you have chosen us as your provider.