Louis J. Ruland, III, M.D., M.S.
Request an Appointment
Louis J. Ruland III, M.D., M.S. is a board certified physician fellowship trained in sports medicine and arthroscopic reconstructive surgery at the Anne Arundel Orthopaedic Surgeons Division in Annapolis, Bowie, and Glen Burnie, Maryland. Dr. Ruland earned his medical degree from the University of Virginia School of Medicine and continued with a residency in orthopaedic surgery at the University of Virginia Health Sciences Center. While in training, he is one of a few residents who completed a Master of Science in Surgery from the University of Virginia Graduate School of Arts and Sciences. He then completed his fellowship with Union Memorial Hospital. Dr.” Lou” Ruland is past chief of the orthopaedic service at Anne Arundel Medical Center and has devoted his orthopaedic career to athletes at all levels of participation, from youth lacrosse and wrestling programs to Head Team Physician for Women’s World Cup Lacrosse and Washington Power Professional Indoor Lacrosse, and Bowie Baysox Baseball Team. He currently supervises multiple athletic trainers active in Anne Arundel, Queen Anne’s, and Calvert Counties and participates in the sports medicine fellowship program at the United States Naval Academy.
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Sports Medicine
University of Virginia School of Medicine; Charlottesville, V.A.
University of Virginia Health Sciences Center; Charlottesville, V.A.
Sports Medicine and Arthroscopic Reconstructive Surgery of Shoulder and Knee, Union Memorial Hospital; Baltimore, M.D.
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Maryland Orthopaedic Society
- The McCue Society
- Whats Up Annapolis Magazine, Top Doc 2007
- Residents Award for Best Presentation, University of Virginia
- Residents Award for Best Presentation, Virginia Orthopaedic Society
- The Otto Aufranc Award, The Hip Society
Affiliated Surgery Centers
- Anne Arundel Medical Center
- Bowie Health Center